Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Strong Leadership



My dad told me this Eisenhower quote the other day about successful leadership. I think that it is so important for an organization to have strong leadership to teach important qualities and drive positive growth in the environment. And, even though employees might not realize it at the time, workers on the receiving end of good leadership really value the structure and productivity.

My Dad followed up with this:

Well, I am a firm believer in planning outcomes, and working the plan to a successful conclusion. I was a Project manager by trade and I was very successful in every project that I did, and some were extremely large with up to 80 people working under me. We always had a plan and we constantly updated it with new information as we went down the path. This has served me well over the years and continues to do so, whether it’s large projects, a home building scenario, or just organizing my day to day activities.

Another way to say it is: Plan the work, then work the plan!

1 comment:

  1. nothing worse than working under a leader who can't lead.

    -HiPPO

    ReplyDelete